Friday, March 4, 2011

My bike

If you couldn't pick up from the title, the picture on the left (your right if you are looking at your screen from the other side) is of my trusty bicycle. The vast majority of bikes here are older bikes that have seen a lot of use; I don't know how many other owners this bike has had. Its actually really interesting that although bike use is a lot higher here than in the states, the bikes are also a lot lower quality. I don't really know why that is - maybe people view bikes as less of a luxury and more as a 'work horse'. Also, if you have a nice looking bike, its more likely to get stolen, which is a very real concern.

My bike needs a name. I am thinking "Cycle of majesty", "Mechanical horse of greatness" or possibly "Tiger blood". Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment: