Sunday, April 24, 2011

Things I still oughta do while still in europe

The semester is coming to a close - at the point of writing, there are only 6 or 7 weeks left. As a result, I've felt a push to make sure I do a lot of stuff before the end of the semester and do everything I've been planning to do, but have put off. It's kind of like a "bucket list" for the semester, except I just fly back to America at the end, instead of dying.
Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson are welcome to accompany me in any of the listed activities.

Things I want to do before heading back to the states:
-Go to most or all of the major museums in amsterdam - when we arrived into the Netherlands, all of the Calvin students got museum cards which give us access to 28 different museums around Amsterdam. I've visited 3 of those and probably won't be able to make it to the other 24 in the last few weeks, so I am going to need to hone down the list.
-Visit every major park in amsterdam
-Travel to Switzerland, France, and maybe somewhere in the UK.
-Attend another 2 or 3 bboying jams
-Have a cookout somewhere around amsterdam

I'm sure there are other things I'm going to do before leaving, but those are the basics. I'll probably add to this list in the next few weeks.

Entirely unrelated song post:
This song isn't at all new, but still dope. The Glitch Mob is an electronic/glitch-hop band that I got a chance to see live last semester in Grand Rapids. For being an electronic band, a surprisingly large amount of their music is reproduced through live sampling rather than just mixing their tracks like a traditional dj set. They sound sorta like a glitchy version of Ratatat with heavier beats. The song below is a track called "Beyond Monday", which they put up for download on RCRD LBL.

No comments:

Post a Comment